Hippo Hat

So here's my first attempt at some sort of craft.  It seems a little random, but I'm part of a pre-school co-op and I was in charge of an 'H' lesson.  Since Hippo and Hat both start with H, I wanted to make a hippo hat.  Turns out, those are amazingly hard to find.  So, I made my own and just thought I'd share.  We actually used this as a pattern and made the hats out of foam sheets and googly eyes.

Directions:
1. Color! (If you think it's boring because hippos are grey, they don't have to be!)
2. Cut out shapes
3. Attach the ears.  The ears can either just be glued on top or cut a v where the v's are and stick them through.
4. Glue on eyes
5. Fold the teeth on the dotted line and glue to the underside of the brim.
6. Punch out the holes near the back and use a piece of yarn to tie around your child's head.
7. You're done!  You're child is now a hippo.  Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Do you have a picture of what it looks like when it's done?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book of Mormon Spot It

Ice Cream Letters

Book of Mormon Swap Blocks